This week, on Episode 24 of The TV Obsessive Podcast, Caemeron and Ryan discuss Fargo S5E3, but first, in the news:
- Timothy Olyphant has been cast in Noah Hawley’s upcoming Alien TV series
- People thought Max was removing Looney Tunes, but they aren’t
- They are, though, removing some Adult Swim shows, including Frisky Dingo
- Mark Cuban is leaving Shark Tank
- The Bear Season 3 is set to start production this winter
Caemeron couldn’t help but watch the Doctor Who special right away, and enjoyed it. Ryan is enjoying Monarch: Legacy of Monsters, and looks forward to the finale of The Great British Baking Show Collection 14.
On Fargo S5E3, “The Paradox of Intermediate Transactions”
It’s Halloween and Dot is worried about both what their family should dress up as for trick or treating and how they will protect their home from Roy, Gator, and their men who have found where they live and are coming for her.
Witt sees Gator steal evidence from the night that Dot was kidnapped and Lorraine Lyon and Danish work to keep the police out of the murder investigation.
Meanwhile, Ole Munch still wants payment and revenge for his work for Roy, leading to some wild cultish and self-flogging activities that also flash us back to rituals from 500 years ago in England.
- Dot is exceptionally skilled with street signs
- Roy’s wife Karen
- Lorraine’s little speech on the function of the police
- Is Ole Munch a sin-eater?
- What’s up with Oden and this militia business?
Next Time on The TV Obsessive Podcast…
We continue to work through Fargo Season 5 with Episode 4, along with our usual news and notes for the week. Want more Fargo? Check out the weekly recaps of this season from Felicia Nickens, and the other articles on the show in the TV Obsessive archives.